- Process and complete transactions and send related information including invoicing and transaction confirmations.
- Set up and manage the organisation’s contact database in our CRM system and other database systems.
- Improve our services, communications and communication channels through surveys and questionnaires.
- Analyse audiences use of our website and other communication channels to adapt and improve the content and user experience of the Website.
- to allow the User to receive messages and manage his/her account from different devices (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.).
- to detect and / or prevent fraud or similar activities of an illegal nature.
- to respond to requests for information.
- for any other purpose for which the User has expressly consented.
5. How does EFA collect data?
We use third-party services for communicating with our audiences, and our websites may contain links to other sites hosted by others. Different rules may apply to their collection, use, or disclosure of your personal data. We encourage you to review other platforms’ privacy policies before using them. We do not control, and are thus not responsible for, the content or
privacy practices and policies of such other sites and under no circumstances shall we have any liability whatsoever for the
activities conducted by or at any website accessed from or through our website.
Websites: We are committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our website and those of our projects. By using our
In our websites, we integrate Google Analytics, with the anonymiser function. Through Google Analytics, we collect,
Email Marketing: On our website and our project’s websites, you have the opportunity to subscribe to our email lists. We use a third-party provider, Campaign Monitor, to deliver our emails and e-newsletters. Through this application, we gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies, such as tracking pixels embedded in our email, helping us monitor and improve the communication with our
audience. For more information about Campaign Monitor, read their privacy notice.
If you are subscribed to one of our email lists and no longer want to be contacted by us, please unsubscribe directly from our
newsletter or contact us at email@example.com to update or delete your data.
Social media: We use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube and LinkedIn to communicate and interact with our audiences.
For more information about their terms of service and privacy policies, check Facebook’s Data Policy, Instagram Privacy,
6. How long does EFA store my data?
We don’t retain your personal data for longer than is necessary for our organisational purposes or legal requirements. If you are a user of our services or a partner, we keep your information until you decide to revoke the permission to contact you.
Regarding general dissemination of information about our activities, we retain your personal data for as long as you remain subscribed to our email lists and communication channels.
Sometimes, we might also clean-up our databases and remove those users who are not active based on the suggestions of our tracking systems.
7. What are my rights regarding the data that EFA has collected about me?
The new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) empowers EU citizens with certain rights that we are committed to guarantee:
- Right to information: You may ask us for information about what personal data we are collecting and how we are processing it.
- Right to access: You are entitled to view and request copies of your personal data that we have collected and processed.
- Right to rectification: You may ask for modifications in your personal data, including incomplete data to be completed or incorrect data to be corrected.
- Right to withdraw consent: You may change your mind regarding your data, and withdraw a previously given consent for processing your personal data for a specific purpose. Should you request it, we would stop the processing of the personal data that was based on the consent provided earlier.
- Right to object: you may prohibit certain uses for your data.
- Right to object to automated processing: You may object to automated processing. Using this right, you may ask for your requests to be reviewed manually.
- Right to be forgotten: you may request that we delete all your personal data without undue delay. It is important to note that this is not an absolute right and depends on the retention schedule and retention period of some data in line with other applicable laws.
- Right for data portability: You may ask us to transfer your personal data. As part of such request, you may ask for your personal data to be provided back or transferred to another organisation. When doing so, your personal data must be provided or transferred in a machine-readable electronic format.
If you wish to make use of your rights, please send a written request accompanied by proof of your identity to the following postal address: European Festivals Association, Sainctelettesquare 17, 1000 Brussels, Belgium or to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within 1 month after receipt of your request.